Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yummy Penne Pasta Sausage Bake

As is the normal I am always scouting new recipes to try. Michael and the kids will give me their verdict whether the recipe is a keeper or not. More often than anything, most are keepers ( I will admit their has been a couple that I was advised never to make again lol) I knew I had beef smoked sausage in the fridge but wanted something different that what we had been having. So as usual I wandered over to Pinterest and started looking. Did a search for smoked sausage recipes and found this wonderful recipe. It looked yummy as well as amazingly easy. Of course I always add my own little twist to something but still an easy recipe( Even Christina could make this!) The original recipe can be found over at Taste Of Home This is my modified recipe: Ingredients 2 cups uncooked penne pasta 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices 1-1/2 cups 2% milk 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with garlic soup,(or you can use just regular) undiluted 1-1/2 cups french-fried onions, divided 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese,( I used a Mexican 4 cheese blend) divided Seasonings of your choice ( I used Adobo,Mrs.Dash Table Blend and Iron Skillet Woodsman) Directions Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, seasonings and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings. This is just before going into the oven after sprinkling the cheese and onions on
This is when it was completely done. Look at all that yummy goodness.....If y'all decide to try this let me know what you think!

No comments: