Friday, February 15, 2013

The Beauty Of An Oklahoma Sunrise- A Reflection

How often has the sun peaked in your window and you groan and you bury your head trying to hide away from the sun? too many times right? I know I am guilty of this myself many times. Often I forget that with each new sunrise brings a new day and I can choose how my day can go. I am one of those people who love to watch Sunrises and Sunsets! It is one of my favorite things to do and it often reflects in my photos since it seems I have a gazillion pictures of them but I can't help them. I always seem to find something different in each one. I try each morning to go out and watch as the sun is coming up how the first rays are spread across Lawton and Fort Sill. The hues that are present the pinks and purples in one area and the blazing red,orange and yellow where the sun itself is just starting to peak through. It seems to set my mood for the day!


Thinking about how the rays of sunlight are spreading over the city helps remind me that I can help keep things calm and rational throughout the day.


Next time things seem chaotic, set your alarm clock a bit earlier grab a cup of coffee or whatever you prefer in the morning and go outside and watch a sunrise. Watch as the rays begin to touch every building, every tree everything inside and let that be your guide for the day.






No comments: